Option Menu Specifics

Andrew Kluthe andrew at rjdfarm.com
Mon Feb 8 13:26:11 EST 2010

Sorry for not clarifying. I am not trying to work within a datagrid this
time. I do not understand how to modify the behaviors of controls other than
the datagrid. There isn't a button in the property inspector for modifying
behaviors of an option menu.

I have read the lessons on behaviors and am still lacking a real
understanding of where to find the code for handling the functionality of
the option menu.

here is the logic which I had in mind.

Load gLandownerContact into the text of "optionMenu"
on optionMenu's MouseUp (down, whatev),
Load a the full list from DB.

Alternatively, Being able to modify the choices of the option menu to place
the current gLandOwnerContact at the top of the list would solve my problem
as well.

load a full list from the DB
put CurrentChoice (= gLandOwnerContact) at the top of choice list, or at
least the default seclected option.

Whichever solution is easier or more robust would suit me. Although, I would
like to learn about the behavior override thing.

The lessons seemed too vague to me.
http://lessons.runrev.com/spaces/lessons/buckets/784/tags?tag=Behavior