SVG, Anti-Grain and Runtime Revolution

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:49:51 EST 2010

Alejandro Tejada wrote:

"I found this text in Anti-Grain website:

<snip>

http://www.antigrain.com/customers/index.html

Interesting, to say the least."

Well, yes . . . But if you scroll down to the
bottom of that list it says:

"Copyright © 2002-2006 Maxim Shemanarev"

1. It is 4 years out of date, so, if RunRev were thinking about SVG in
      2006 they are obviously still "gestating".

     To which the obvious answer is just to look at the Vector graphics
     stuff that has been implemented in RR 4.0.

2. If RunRev WERE using Anti-Grain for SVG handling in 2006 it seems
      to have passed everybody by; and Runtime Revolution have never
      been shy about improvements they have made in their software.

3. I have taught Russian students English in the USA, and met a fair
     few Russians elsewhere; including those who make "Linux XP" for
     whom I did some translation work 3 years ago (waiting for the
     payment for the work . . .); my experience is that a lot of them
     live in some sort of parallel universe to ours; and that bit about
     RunRev and SVG looks awfully like somebody taking a line (or a stray
    remark) for a walk.