iPadding around? Video glasses (OT)

Kay C Lan lan.kc.macmail at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:55:56 EST 2010

Marian,

Whilst I'm sure 'effective' LCD 3D goggles would effect sales of massive
home LCD TVs, I'm not sure what it's effect on mobile devices would be -
other than make them more popular. Without goggles one of the attractions of
the iPad must be screen size, but this is not only as an output, but is also
advantageous as an input device. I've been amazed at what people have been
able to do with the iPhone, so it will be interesting to see what iPad adds
to the table.

Just off the top of my head I could think the same 'tilt' technology could
be incorporated into Apple's iSee goggles (you read it here first) to
produce an amazing simulation set up. In medicine for instance, looking
forward you could see a 3D magnified image of the brain, whilst tilting your
head and looking down, you'd see an image of the iPad, with representations
of where your fingers were resting on the screen where the controls for
adjusting magnification, navigation, or even bring up a menu to pick another
organ to inspect.

Not only that, I can't see too many people wearing goggles to read an eBook
whilst they commute to work on the subway. You wont see the small white well
dressed nearing retirement age lady* approaching, who snatches your goggles
and runs.

*to avoid offending most on the List I've taken the politically correct
stance of avoiding any racially or sexually stereotypical references to my
subway mugger.

To the well-heeled sexagenarian Caucasoid petite females who commute to
Lower Manhattan, Sorry.