on-rev queries

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Thu Feb 4 18:44:58 EST 2010

Bob and Sarah and anyone else using MySQL,

> I have used a MySQL database via On-Rev and it has seemed very fast
> for both reading & writing, but I did all the setup through cPanel and
> phpMyAdmin first.

The cPanel and phpMyAdmin is "OK" in that it works, but I find it very
clumsy. Check out MySQL Workbench (the Community Edition) at
http://mysql.com/products/workbench/. It's completely free, cross-platform
(PC, Mac, Linux), runs from your desktop, and has one of the best ER
Modeling modules I've ever seen. At this point you can download version 5.1
or 5.2 (which is considered beta) but I have found it very stable and it's
quite different from 5.1.

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini