Linux, Rev and dependencies ?

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 06:27:48 EST 2010

Goofy types like myself just pop RunRev onto an already installed
linux distro; and either it works or it doesn't.

How can one work out what dependencies (if any) one requires if
one is to do a "home brew"?

Err . . . does www.runrev.com have a nifty little page where the
dependencies
are listed?

Ah, I thought not!

Actually, come to think of it, it would be jolly nice if one could
have a way to list any application's dependencies without waiting
for apt-get or what-have-you to announce what they are as it is
merrily bloating your system with stuff which had you realised
all that were involved you would not have installed in the first place!

And, while I'm here; I installed Metacard on PPC Ubuntu the other
day and, having swapped over the LinuxPPC engine could not get
the thing to work.

All of this derived from:

http://www.hot.com.my/metacard/

bright thought welcomed!

Secondly; LinuxPPC builds built on x86 Linux seemd only to
work when they were inside the MC folder on Linux PPC,
but not on the desktop - doesn't seem quite right!