Getting data from a secure web page

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Feb 3 10:58:33 EST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 10:40 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> On 3 Feb 2010, at 15:23, Trevor DeVore wrote:
>
>> I added support for following 302 with POST, DELETE and PUT
>> requests in the version of libURL that comes with the GLX App
>> Framework.
>
> But then it isn't standards compliant. :-)
>
> From rfc2616
>
> "If the 302 status code is received in response to a request other
> than GET or HEAD, the user agent MUST NOT automatically redirect the
> request unless it can be confirmed by the user, since this might
> change the conditions under which the request was issued."

That is why I installed a callback when I implemented it :-)

Basically a developer registers a callback for 301, 302 and 307 by
issuing the command libURLSetFollowRedirectCallback. libURL then sends
the message and the developer returns a value. If it is "redirect"
then libURL redirects. If it is "get" then libURL fetches the new URL
using "get". Any other value performs default libURL behavior which
returns "socket closed before end of file".

--
Trevor DeVore
Blue Mango Learning Systems