Getting data from a secure web page

Trevor DeVore lists at mangomultimedia.com
Wed Feb 3 10:23:24 EST 2010

On Feb 3, 2010, at 6:04 AM, Dave Cragg wrote:

> What happens if you try "get" instead of "post"
>
> get url "https://memberservices.optuszoo.com.au/login/?Action=login&username=abc&password=abc
> "
>
> (Not sure about that final forward slash.)
>
> libUrl will follow redirects (the 302 response) when using "get" but
> not "post"
>
> If it won't accept "get", look in the headers returned from
> "post" (using libUrlLastRhHeaders()) and try to find the "Location:"
> header. With a bit* of luck, it will contain the URL with the data
> you need. (* maybe a lot of luck)

I added support for following 302 with POST, DELETE and PUT requests
in the version of libURL that comes with the GLX App Framework. I
haven't documented it outside of the source code but if you need to
use POST Sarah and a 302 is being sent then download the GLX App
Framework files, grab the custom version of libURL and search for this
string:

## POST, PUT, DELETE. Look for callback, otherwise we ignore.

Framework home page:

http://www.bluemangolearning.com/revolution/software/libraries/glx-application-framework/

--
Trevor DeVore