Noise in Windows icon when standalone compiled on Mac

David Glasgow david at dvglasgow.wanadoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 3 06:51:01 EST 2010

Bill,

I got quite excited about this, because I have struggled to get nice looking Windows icons.

The Mac icon generated by iconverticons.com was fine, but the Win version choked the Rev standalone builder "does not include 6 blah blah blah".  I have encountered this lots of times with icons from various tools purporting to generate valid Windows icons
So I imported it into Iconographer, and chose 'complete icon' from the icon menu, and it did some stuff.  The resulting icon is now acceptable to Rev at build time, but doesn't look good on Vista, and behaves as if some sizes are missing (they're not, as far as I can tell).

Why are icons so blimmin' tricky?

David Glasgow