Linux PPC

Richmond Mathewson richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 14:29:21 EST 2010

Further to my postings in January I am happy to
confirm that RunRev stacks built with RR 2.0.1
and turned into standalones with MetaCard 4
using the MC Linux PPC engine function on
a MacMini PPC running Ubuntu 9.10 PPC.

I know this will be cheap thrills for most of the
other users on the use-list; but I have just been offered
a half-dozen G3 iMacs by the University of St Andrews
ELT dept. for nothing, and having collected them in the
summer intend to drive them over here to Bulgaria
and run Ubuntu PPC on them in my school as my
experience with maintaining PPC Macs is quite a
bit more positive than old Pentiums; and they look
more 'sexy' in a school environment.