Björnke von Gierke
bvg at mac.com
Mon Feb 1 19:48:37 CST 2010
You complain about the lack of a command line app. However I know this is available, to anyone who ever bought rev. However, it was removed with 4.0, so it's only available in the versions of 3.5 and less. Currently that is not that big of a problem, as most of the 4.0 changes that weren't engine ports (php-like webserver and browser-plugin) where for gui stuff. One notable exception is the very very very old external for sqlite, but you can use the updated one from 4.0.
If you only joined after 4.0 was released, and can't find the 3.5 versions, just mail support for a download link. So Here is a nice step by step guide on how you can run command line stuff on mac os (yeah i know, but that's what i'm at now, and where i can test):
1. go to application/revolution enterprise/3.5.0-gm-2/runtime/mac os x/universal/
2. right click (or control-click) the "standalone" application and choose "show package content"
3. go to contents/MacOS/
4. copy the "standalone" unix executable to a more convenient place like / (directly into macintosh hd)
5. create a text file at the same place (i named it "cgi.txt"):
--file contents start below this line--
put "hello world"
--end of file contents above this line--
7. go to terminal and enter:
chmod 777 /cgi.txt
8. run the newly created command line text by entering the following into terminal:
result: "hello world" appears in the terminal (sans quotes)
I know that not all these file paths, commands or strings are the same for windows (or linux), but guessing from your mail, you are more knowledgeable about how these things should work on windows and linux then this poor mac addicted loser. ;-)
On 1 Feb 2010, at 17:35, Larry Snider wrote:
> !!(In fact, I would, more importantly, like the ability to compile
> command-line programs! I could very easily write CGI tools for the
> web that would not require ANY plug-in. Sorry. I'm not a fan of
> special GUI web programming.)!!
official ChatRev page:
Chat with other RunRev developers:
go stack URL "http://bjoernke.com/chatrev/chatrev1.3b3.rev"
More information about the use-livecode