Adding Tables in On-Rev

Jim Bufalini jim at visitrieve.com
Mon Feb 1 17:48:25 EST 2010

Bob Sneidar wrote:

> I thought I was having a problem with creating tables programmatically
> in my On-Rev database, but it appears that the table eventually gets
> created. It can just take 20 or 30 seconds to do! Is this normal??

Bob, it would be helpful if you tell us which DB you are using. ;-) If you
are creating your tables and accessing an SQLite or MySQL DB from a Rev CGI
or irev script it's pretty near instant (although with MySQL, I don't use
Rev to create the schema), so I can only speak to access. If you are
accessing direct from a desktop app rather than going through a server-side
script, then  I don't know as I've never done it this way. And, I also
bought the MegaBundle but am just learning to sit in the Lotus position with
SQLYoga. ;-)

Aloha from Hawaii,

Jim Bufalini