iPadding around?

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Mon Feb 1 12:41:49 EST 2010

Larry-

Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:35:09 AM, you wrote:

> !!(In fact, I would, more importantly, like the ability to compile
> command-line programs!  I could very easily write CGI tools for the
> web that would not require ANY plug-in.  Sorry.  I'm not a fan of
> special GUI web programming.)!!

The only "problem" with creating standalone commandline programs is
that they currently need to carry the engine baggage with them, so
they're each bloated by some 2 megabytes of library data. Okay - one
other problem: the engine eats some of the commandline arguments
itself and they're not well documented, so you have to tread a bit
carefully. Other than that it's quite a useful technique.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net