URL(tUrl) inconsitencies in iOS Simulator

RevList RevList at CreaTECHSol.com
Wed Dec 29 20:37:34 EST 2010

Pete Haworth on December 29, 2010 at 9:55 AM -0800 wrote:
>Hi Colin,
>I have a need to calculate driving distances between two points (not
>in iOS but OSX) and didn't know about the Google maps API, I hope you
>get it working.  How did you get the initial latitude and longitude of
>the start and end points?  Is that available through Google maps API
>as well?

On the iPhone I just used the built in Core Location data to grab the
Latitude and Longitude.
I also use the YahooMaps API to get the same information from an address.
I couldn't find it from the GoogleMaps API but it was pretty straight
forward to get it from YahooMaps API once I registered and got a key.  It
is the Web services API that I used.
Then, using the XML parser I could get the information I needed.  On the
iPhone without the XML parser available, it was pretty easy to filter the
returned data to get what I wanted.

Stewart Lynch
CreaTECH Solutions
slynch at CreaTECHSol.com
604.484.8499
Skype:StewartLynch

There are only 10 kinds of people.  Those who understand binary and those
who don't.