Video player messages

ron barber runrevron at gmail.com
Wed Dec 29 10:12:21 EST 2010

Hi,
Simple task but I can't figure out how to get the info I need. I want
to hilite lines of text based on the time elapsed of a movie in a
player. For example, when the video is at 2000, line 3 of the text is
selected. I can handle text but I'm new to video.

My problem is lack of familiarity with the player - I see messages
sent to the player but can't figure out how to find out the elapsed
time of the movie. I have tried various approaches with callbacks and
other messages but can't find the right combination. So how do I get
the elapsed time of the movie in a player as it is playing?

Thanks
Ron