Livecode iOS app live in the app store

Jim Ault jimaultwins at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 25 15:23:06 EST 2010

If the goal is photo-realism on Earth in daylight with few clouds you
would need to add the scattered light contribution.  The scattering
factor is dependent on the wave length of light, thus blue light is
scattered most and will soften a distinct shadow, as well as make it
appear smaller.

You could use a 3D rendering program to capture jpg's of various
shadows if you wanted to.  Most any will accurately render the effect
of sun, sky, ambient light, and radiosity.  Some even have algorithms
for longitude, latitude, time of day, time of year to capture the
correct sun conditions anywhere on the globe, such as Cheetah 3D.

On the moon or other planet without atmosphere or clouds, there would
be no reflection or scattering, thus long shadows remain distinct.

On Dec 25, 2010, at 10:35 AM, Geoff Canyon Rev wrote:

> Not arguing what will look good -- in that I would always defer to
> Scott --
> in real life shadows from the sun do not change size in any
> appreciable way
> no matter how high something is, because compared to 93 million
> miles, 1
> foot above the ground is much the same as 1000 feet above the ground.
>
> Congratulations, John, the game looks good!

Jim Ault
Las Vegas