Hypercard flash solution

Shari shari at gypsyware.com
Thu Dec 23 09:58:48 EST 2010

For those of you who remember the Hypercard "flash" command, I've
come up with this solution.

This works great on OSX and does not rely on creating a special
graphic.  I haven't tried it on the winMachine yet (and probably
won't until the project is done and ready for testing over there).
If you try it on WIN and it's happy, let us know!   Could also be
done via "put 3 into howMuch" and then "flasher howMuch" adding the
repeat to the flasher handler.

The card this is tested on has a lot of btns with graphic icons (I
tend to prefer btn objects to img objects for most things even
graphical.)  It has fields with the backPattern set.  The card itself
has a backPattern and there are dozens of different objects.

on mouseUp
   repeat 3
       flasher
    end repeat
end mouseUp

on flasher
   lock screen
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of controls of this cd
     set the ink of control x of this cd to "notSrcCopy"
   end repeat
   unlock screen
   wait 3 ticks
   lock screen
   repeat with x = 1 to the number of controls of this cd
     set the ink of control x of this cd to "srcCopy"
   end repeat
   unlock screen
   wait 3 ticks
end flasher