Update: Re: Valentina db under Linux ???

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Tue Dec 21 20:35:07 EST 2010

Saturday, December 18, 2010, 3:41:03 PM, I wrote:

> Thanks - that's very encouraging. I'll get back to my linux system on
> Monday and figure out what's going on.

Update: I got this working on Fedora Core 13 today. I must have
glossed over two errors the other day. Today they were glaring back at
me. After the double installation (download the installer and run it
in superuser mode, then navigate to the installer.rev file and run it
in the IDE) there were still some broken links due to my having
updated versions of a couple of necessary libraries. The installer
insists on specific versions of libraries, so you're on your own if
you have later versions.

To get valentina library working on Fedora Core 13:

ldd shows two broken symbolic links for older versions of libraries:
libtiff.so.4
libssl.so.0.9.8

su -
cd /usr/lib
ln -s /usr/lib/libtiff.so.3.9.4 libtiff.so.4
ln -s /usr/lib/libssl.1.0.0c libssl.so.0.9.8

I'm not sure why the tiff library is needed, and both those symbolic
links make me a bit uneasy, but they get me past the loading library
phase and after that the Valentina external library is available to
LiveCode.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net