Getting a public IP address when connected to a router

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 17:22:16 EST 2010

Here are some possible ways to do what you want. I'm sure there are more.

Have a specific entry address just for you that grabs your ip and stuffs it
in a file.  Then all your other pages that log IP can reference the file to
know what IP to ignore.

Or set a special cookie for yourself that basically says "Hey its me!"

Or similar to the first option, check a get passed variable to designate
that its you. (IE http://myaddress.com/page.html?isitme=yes) and either set
the ip in a file, or just keep passing isitme each time you switch pages.
The first choice better than the second, as you only have to grab your IP
and say that it's you once per session.

I'm sure there are better ways, but this should work.