closeField - Curious

Mike Kerner MikeKerner at roadrunner.com
Sun Dec 19 09:18:44 EST 2010

Thanks for chiming in, everyone!

Joe
I don't want to bore everyone with the details, but this is exactly what I
want - a generic closeField handler.  Thanks for looking out for my well
being, though!

Jacqui,
After fiddling around for hours and hours, this is what I suspect as well.
I just haven't gotten to the point of testing the exact circumstances.  The
next thing I'm going to try is exactly what you suggest, in the closeCard
script, maybe to see if I can trap it and get the behavior I want.

Pete
I'm with you.  I think the implementation could be wrong, or at least...not
what I might expect.  I thought about firing up HyperCard and seeing what it
does, because I don't recall HC behaving this way, and I believe I've used
this exact technique before.