cmd key modifier not working?

Peter Brigham MD pmbrig at gmail.com
Sun Dec 19 07:02:07 EST 2010

On 12/18/10 3:57 PM, Sivakatirswami wrote:

> OSX Livecode 4.5.2
>
> I have this menu:
>
> Stop/1
> Back Up/2
> Forward/3
> Resume/4
>
> the menu appears with "cmd +1" as expected and I could have sworn that
> it used to work, but now when I hit the keys, nothing happens. The
> menu
> is OK.. if I go to the menu and pull down and choose the item.. it
> works.
>
> I'm in the IDE ...these same keys are slotted for card navigation;
> but I
> have the development tools suspended....
>
> Any clues?

Where is the focus? If there is an insertion point in a field, or any
other control has traversalOn = true and has the focus, and that
control has a commandkeydown handler, then the commandkeydown message
will be caught there and could be trapped.

-- Peter

Peter M. Brigham
pmbrig at gmail.com
http://home.comcast.net/~pmbrig