closeField - Curious

Joe Lewis Wilkins pepetoo at cox.net
Sat Dec 18 23:48:23 EST 2010

Hi Mike,
First, you're not going to want to put a "closeField" handler anyplace other than the field to which it applies unless all of the fields on the card, or stack are going to implement something when that message is sent. Really unusual I should think. I would read the description of "closeField" very closely. All of these field commands are a bit odd. I've wanted to have something I typed into a field put into a bunch of other fields in other stacks when the user leaves the field, and found that difficult. Had it been all in the same stack, I could have just set the shared property to true and that would have taken care of my problem. Instead I had to dream up a kludge to do what I wanted.

Joe Lewis Wilkins
Architect & Director of Product Development for GSI
<www.glsisinc.com>