Valentina db under Linux ???

Warren Samples warren at warrensweb.us
Sat Dec 18 18:35:50 EST 2010

On Sat, 2010-12-18 at 15:16 -0800, Mark Wieder wrote:
> OK. Has Valentina *ever* worked on linux? Is this a new build?

Hi Mark,

Yes, I finally got v4rev installed and working in Linux, although I have
to admit I'm a little nervous about installing the new build from today
(the 18th) over the one I've got now :D. I haven't tried the 4.8 version
in OS X or Windows. I have never had any trouble getting it working on
those platforms in the past, though. I agree with you that the
installation process is clumsy and especially that the docs are not as
intuitively accessible as they should be, and that for first time
installers it is a big issue. I know it was for me the first time I
installed in OS X. It would be nice if the docs for attaching the
vcomponents libs to standalones were also included in the original
distribution. (Please, Ruslan... this really is a good idea!)

Best,

Warren