Calling a revServer script from inside a .html page?

Mike Bonner bonnmike at gmail.com
Sat Dec 18 09:27:37 EST 2010

Might look at what you can do with server side includes too.  Though I think
from your description, the section on enabling xbithack probably doesn't
apply since it sound like you're dealing with generated pages rather than
real. Still, worth a look. This won't let you embed rev scripts directly in
the page, but you could do a <!--#include virtual="/cgi-bin/myirev.irev" -->
to include content from an irev script.

If you decide to experiment with this, make sure to pay special attention to
the section on executing commands. Specifically the last paragraph that
tells you how to disable that particular feature.

Heres a link to the official SSI howto.
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/current/howto/ssi.html