Windows error 32

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Fri Dec 17 21:27:52 EST 2010

Thanks for the input Mark, Chip.

Mark Schonewille wrote:

 > All I know is that the Uninstaller created by the Installer
 > Maker Plugin is able to remove the last folder if it is
 > launched from the Add/Remove Programs control panel. Maybe
 > that's the trick?

I haven't tried that yet, though if that's the only solution it's better
than nothing.

How does one let the system know where to find its uninstaller?

I've previously used Wise Install, and provided a shortcut in the Start
menu to uninstall.  Wise Install's uninstaller works well from the app
folder, using a method similar to the one I'm doing (but apparently just
different enough that theirs doesn't get error 32 <g>).

I'll look into your suggestion to limit uninstall to the control panel;
any tips on providing the info to the system would be much appreciated
(I'm assuming it's a reg key so it should be easy to turn up somewhere).

In the meantime, if you have a way to allow uninstall to be run directly
from the app's folder that would be great.  Even if I tell them to use
the control panel, changes are someone will find the uninstaller and try
to run it directly from Program Files...

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World