RevServer on OSX (Snow Leopard Server)

Keith Clarke keith.clarke at clarkeandclarke.co.uk
Thu Dec 16 12:48:12 EST 2010

Thanks Devin - I sure could use a copy of your httpd.conf file to do a line-by-line comparison with Guiffy.

I now realise that a lot of the conflicting configuration advice is down to the subtle difference between configuring:
1. OSX Snow Leopard Server (the Apple OSX Server product) - which is what I'm trying to do, (and what I'm hoping you have achieved) vs.
2. Configuring the web server capability in (the standard 'desktop') OSX Snow Leopard for local development purposes - which is what most advice in the archives is about.

Unfortunately the approach to web service configuration and hierarchy of apache config files is completely different on these two platforms. Now I realise this, I'm now trying to apply (1) to my OSX Snow Leopard Server and (2) to my development Mac. Then, I'll document how these differ!

Hopefully I'll get one working before my head explodes!
Best,
Keith..