Drag and Drop between Data Grids

zryip theSlug zryip.theslug at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 05:55:24 EST 2010

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 9:41 AM, Yves COPPE <yvescoppe at skynet.be> wrote:
> Le 14 déc. 2010 à 21:09, zryip theSlug a écrit :
>
> Hi
>
> I have a problem with the script above
> The text in the datagrid2 doesn't appear
> When I add by drag 'n drop text from datagrid1 to datagrid2, I see the scroll bar of datagrid2 moving, so the text seems to be effectively added, but no text appears
> When I place a breakpoint at end of the script of datagrid2 I see the variables with the good data.
>
> What do I wrong ?
>
> thanks.

Hi Yves,

Should be reside in the fact that the columns of your dest datagrid
are not named "Col1" and "Col2".
Bob has experimented this, I think. He replied the solution in another post.

It seems that some explanations are required here.

1) In the source datagrid, the datas of the drag line are formatted
with a tab for delimiting each fields with the combine keyword and put
them into the dragData:

put the dgDataOfIndex[tTheIndex] of me into tTheDragData
combine tTheDragData using tab
set the dragData["private"] to tTheDragData

For example, if you have a grid:

First Name      Last Name
Yves               COPPE

The resulting data in the dragData will be something such as:
Yves(tab)COPPE

2) In the destination datagrid you need to map the content of the
dragData dropped, with the corresponding columns of the datagrid.

The line:

put "Col1" & cr & "Col2" into tTheColOrder

assumes that your destination datagrid contains 2 columns: "col1" and "col2"
That is probably not the case.

If your destination grid looks like this:

First Name      Last Name
Yves               COPPE

Your line must be:
put "First Name" & cr & "Last Name" into tTheColOrder

That could be something equivalent to:
put item 1 of the dragData into column "First Name"
put item 2 of the dragData into column "LastName"

If your destination grid looks like this:

Last Name      First Name
COPPE          Yves

Your line must be:
put "First Name" & cr & "Last Name" into tTheColOrder

That could be something equivalent to:
put item 1 of the dragData into column "First Name"
put item 2 of the dragData into column "Last Name"

Why?:
In this case, as you pass the columns to the addLine event, the
datagrid engine will be capable to map your data and populate the
corresponding columns

send "AddLine tTheNewData, tTheColOrder" to me

Note that putting the data in the dragData in this way is a
possibility not an obligation. You can developp your own method for
doing this, more according to your needs.

Best regards,
--
-Zryip TheSlug- wish you the best! 8)
http://www.aslugontheroad.co.cc