iOS apps not getting past review due to crashing

Kevin Miller kevin at runrev.com
Tue Dec 14 09:41:28 EST 2010

On 14/12/2010 12:30, "Randy Hengst" <iowahengst at mac.com> wrote:

> As I shared in my response to Brian, I also had an app rejected by Apple. I
> built my rejected app with the the plugin version... that, as I recall, was
> before 4.5.2 with the integrated iOS.
>
> I can't yet send in another try using 4.5.2 since sound and orientation are
> not working properly....
>
> No sound whatsoever in the iOS... simulator or real device.... but sound works
> in the IDE and a Mac build.
>
> Orientation will not start and stay in landscape unless the device is held in
> that orientation when the app is opened. A landscape oriented splash screen
> does not display in landscape. Have you identified/confirmed those issues? Is
> there a time-line for a fix?

We're not aware of either of these issues. There were some changes to how
orientation operated in 4.5.2 to make it work better, check the guide
carefully to make sure you are aware of those changes. I'll post a more
detailed response on the LiveCode Developer Program list.

Kind regards,

Kevin

Kevin Miller ~ kevin at runrev.com ~ http://www.runrev.com/
LiveCode - Realize fast, compile-free coding