savingStandalone Problem

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Dec 13 21:23:27 EST 2010

On 12/13/10 7:07 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Thanks Jacquie. It's possible to change the version property? The
> dictionary makes it sound like that is the version of LC, not a
> user-defined standalone app version.

Right, the built-in "version" function returns the engine version. You
can store your stack version in a custom property of your own and read
that when you want to display it.

For example, in About boxes I do this:

  put the cVersion of stack (the mainstack of this stack) into fld "version"

I never have to update the About box, because that line runs in a
preOpenCard script and keeps it current. I update the cVersion of the
mainstack once during development, and change the standalone builder
setting at the same time.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com