iOS: how to play a video file from a url?

BNig niggemann at uni-wh.de
Sat Dec 11 15:02:42 EST 2010

Hi David,

I don't get what you mean.
The code downloads a movie file to the iPhone. You can then play it as often
as you want. It is stored in a folder, in this case the "cache" folder. The
cache folder is not backed up by iTunes.
If you would download the movie into the "Documents" folder iTunes would
even back that up.

If you mean to automatically capture a stream to a folder: that I don't know
how to do.

Kind regards

Bernd