Number to text

John Dixon dixonja at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Dec 8 20:21:02 EST 2010

Oops... I made a mess of it the first time around... (blushing)

on mouseUp

   put ("one","two","three","four","five","six","seven","eight","nine") into singles
   put ("eleven","twelve","thirteen","fourteen","fifteen","sixteen","seventeen","eighteen","nineteen") into mixed
   put ("ten","twenty","thirty","forty","fifty","sixty","seventy","eighty","ninety") into tens

   put the number of chars of fld 1 into charcount

   switch charcount

      case 1
         if char 1 of fld 1 = 0 then
            put "Zero" into theTextNumber
         else
            put item (char charcount of fld 1) of singles into theTextNumber
         end if
         break

      case 2
         if char 1 of fld 1 = 1 AND char 2 of fld 1 = 0 then
            put "Ten" into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 1 of fld 1 = 1 AND char 2 of fld 1 > 0 then
            put item (char 2 of fld 1) of mixed into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 1 of fld 1 > 1 AND char 2 of fld 1 = 0 then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of tens into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 1 of fld 1 > 1 AND char 2 of fld 1 > 0 then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of tens && item (char 2 of fld 1) of singles into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if
         break

      case 3
         if char 2 of fld 1 = 0 AND char 3 of fld 1 = 0 then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of singles && "hundred" into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 2 of fld 1 = 0 AND char 3 of fld 1 > 0 then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of singles && "hundred and" && item (char 3 of fld 1) of singles into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 2 of fld 1 > 0 AND char 3 of fld 1 = 0  then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of singles && "hundred and" && item (char 2 of fld 1) of tens && item (char 3 of fld 1) of singles into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 2 of fld 1 > 0 AND char 3 of fld 1 > 1  then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of singles && "hundred and" && item (char 2 of fld 1) of tens && item (char 3 of fld 1) of singles into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         if char 2 of fld 1 > 0 AND char 3 of fld 1 > 0  then
            put item (char 1 of fld 1) of singles && "hundred and" && item (char 3 of fld 1) of mixed into theTextNumber
            exit switch
         end if

         break
   end switch