IDE Save

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 8 15:18:54 EST 2010

On 12/8/10 1:03 PM, Peter Haworth wrote:
> Well I'm not sure I'm ready to say that save as standalone NEVER saves
> script changes, just that ti didn.t appear to in this particular
> instance. I can't figure out what I did differently this time around to
> cause that problem. I guess the real message is that you can't rely on
> the IDE to save when it should and you have to deal with it however you
> can. Personally, I think that's a ridiculous situation but it is what it
> is.

I have only had a no-save issue once in the entire time I've used
LiveCode/Rev, and it happened just last week. I had cloned a substack
using the message box. Clones appear with a new, unique name ("Copy of
xx") and it behaved normally until I closed the cloned stack. After that
the IDE acted like there were two stacks with the same name and was
saving my changes to the clone instead of the original -- even though
the clone was closed. I thought it wasn't saving at all until I
re-opened the clone and saw later changes in there.

I was talking to someone about it and RR would like a repeatable recipe,
but of course the issue is intermittent for you, and only happend to me
once. If you can produce a recipe, they'd like to know. The reason I
think your issue and mine are similar is because the standalone builder
also clones/copies stacks. RR says there should be no problems with
cloning mainstacks but there may be an issue with substacks.

Obviously it isn't a widespread problem, or no one would have been able
to create standalones all this time. So there is something else involved
we need to track down.

Aside from this one incident, I've never had a no-save problem. But I
tend to be trigger-happy with Cmd-S so maybe I just keep ahead of the IDE.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com