Finding local minima and maxima of a graph

jonathandlynch at gmail.com jonathandlynch at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 00:55:52 EST 2010

How many data points are you talking about?

Also, are you using this for forecasting, such that you would need to do a regression analysis? If you are wanting to make predictions, that changes a lot.

As for detrending - that seems unnecessary if you are looking for fairly local mins and maxes.

I think you might find the rolling average approach reasonably fast. I can help with the algorithm, if you need.