ANN: glx2 is now open source

Mark Wieder mwieder at ahsoftware.net
Sat Dec 4 20:32:19 EST 2010

Jerry Daniels has graciously offered to release glx2 as an open-source
project. This is the main repository for the code. Glx2 is a script
editor for LiveCode/Runtime Revolution. We have removed any licensing
restrictions on the script editor, so all the code is open and
hackable. There's no installer at the moment - unzip the file and put
it in your user plugins folder.

We now have it working on OSX, Windows, linux; and in the LiveCode,
Runtime Revolution, and MetaCard environments. Note that if you are
using this with Runtime Revolution you will need at least version 2.8.

https://bitbucket.org/mwieder/glx2/downloads

Follow the project if you want to be notified when the stack is
updated. There are still rough edges, but hopefully this process will
allow the community to smooth those out. I'm posting this as a single
stack rather than as separate stack files for now, so unfortunately
that makes me the manager of any changes. If you have modifications to
make, bugs to fix, or are proposing to work on parts of this project,
please let me know and I'll do my best to coordinate things.

Thanks to Jerry for starting the script editor project in the first
place and for liberating the project to seek its new life among the
developer community.

Optimist - The glass is half full.
Pessimist - The glass is half empty.
Engineer - The glass is twice a large as it needs to be.

--
-Mark Wieder
 mwieder at ahsoftware.net