(DataGrid) data grids behaving like a background with sharedText

André Bisseret andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr
Fri Dec 3 14:36:47 EST 2010

Le 3 déc. 2010 à 18:24, Trevor DeVore a écrit :

> On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 12:10 PM, André Bisseret
> <andre.bisseret at wanadoo.fr>wrote:
>

>> But on the stack I am building now, when I "create card", the data grid of
>> the current card appears on the new card, and it has the same ID number as
>> the preceding card. I can't delete it without deleting those of the other
>> cards. So that I can't creata a new data grid!
>>
>> In other words, in this stack the data grid behaves like a background group
>> (which was not the case in my preceding stacks)
>>

> You probably have the backgroundBehavior of the data grid group (or a group
> that the data grid is a part of) set to true. This is the only condition I
> know of that will automatically place a group on new cards you create.

Whoaa! Right! the data grid had its backgroundBehavior set to true! Sure I made that inadvertently as, naively, I was not conscious that a data grid could have a backgroundBehavior ;-)) (I suppose that it is because it is not settable in the Basic properties pane unlike the common other groups!)
Very useful to be aware of that ;-))

Thank you very much Trevor for your very efficient help

My problem is solved (the "create card" part of my handler runs like a charm now).

André