[OT] Custom computers

Andre Garzia andre at andregarzia.com
Thu Dec 2 14:05:11 EST 2010

Richard,

Before me moving to macs, I've built all my computers by hand. I never
bought a dell or hp or something built by others. I always went to hundreds
of differents tiny shops in here scavenging for parts. It is quite fun. The
last computer I've built is a:

Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB RAM
22' screen
Big Creative Sound System
350 GB HD

This I've built 2 years ago. I've paid USD 900 in it or some similar amount,
it was cheap by Brazilian Standards. My previous system was built with only
USD 400. The thing is, know your brands and models, don't buy stuff just
because it is cheap. If it is a linux computer, be aware of video issues.

:-D