[OT] Custom computers

Lynn Fredricks lfredricks at proactive-intl.com
Thu Dec 2 12:24:21 EST 2010

> So I'm curious:  How many of you here have built your own computers?
> Did you go with a barebones, or do it from scratch?  Did you
> go with Intel or AMD, and why?
>
> I'm leaning toward AMD myself given what appears to be an
> excellent price/performance value, and will likely build from
> scratch because I'm picky about the case.

I have both types of systems, and it really doesn't matter which one. AMD is
more focused on price/performance. On the other hand, Intel has long
complained that its competitors achieve higher rates because they do
overclocking techniques that Intel believes are too risky.

Both hardware companies add some specific features to specific processors -
but for special needs. There could be better performance too if you go the
AMD route for both your CPU/board and video card, since AMD bought ATI.

Best regards,

Lynn Fredricks
President
Paradigma Software