[OT] Custom computers

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Dec 2 11:43:56 EST 2010

I was looking for a beefy quad core system and my brother convinced me
that the cost savings and customizability makes it well worth the time
to assemble the parts.

So I'm curious:  How many of you here have built your own computers?
Did you go with a barebones, or do it from scratch?  Did you go with
Intel or AMD, and why?

I'm leaning toward AMD myself given what appears to be an excellent
price/performance value, and will likely build from scratch because I'm
picky about the case.

Seems a surprising number of people I know build their own systems,
kinda makes me wonder why I ever bought an off-the-shelf PC.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World