Where does all the stuff go?

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 1 20:31:53 EST 2010

On 12/1/10 6:58 PM, Bob Sneidar wrote:
> I was over thinking things. I thought that LiveCode installed some of
> it's own plugins. If not, then the point is moot.

It does. There is a RunRev plugins folder next to the executable, which
on Macs is inside the app bundle. That's supposed to be reserved for
LiveCode use, and us peons aren't supposed to put own own stuff in it.
Instead, we put our stuff out in left field somewhere (Documents, by
default) and point Preferences at it. If plugins need to be updated,
then the installer will swap out the ones in RR's folder. Ours remain
pristine and pure. Except for when they crash. :)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com