Compiling problems redux

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Dec 1 19:08:17 EST 2010

On 12/1/10 5:45 PM, Ton Cardona wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> what I still do not understand, in spite of your kind reactions and
> hints, is why, after compiling, I get a stack.exe and a substack.rev
> in Windows (both working perfectly), but only a mainstack.app in
> Mac.

On a Mac, what looks like an application is actually a folder. It just
looks like a file in the Finder. But if you right-click on it and choose
"Show package contents" you will see that it is a folder with quite a
few files and subfolders inside it. That's where your second stack is,
probably inside the MacOS subfolder.

> As to the error reports, they do not seem to be related:
>
> 141,91,17 465,91,1
>
> that is, "string is not compressed data", which it certainly is both
> in Windows and in Mac (before compiling).

This probably isn't related to your file structures. I saw that error
once a long time ago, when I compressed data on one OS and tried to
decompress on a different one. But it was quite a while ago and I can't
remember now exactly why it happened. Are you doing anything like that?

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com