How to make a square topped, round rect bottomed graphic?

David Bovill david at vaudevillecourt.tv
Wed Dec 1 13:52:59 EST 2010

? I'm just starting on doing this - but it seems to me that you need to
scroll one of the groups. Maybe that's because I am creating it so the
rounded corners can be at the to top or bottom. So clipping the square rect
to half way, moving it down, and scrolling it down would show only the
bottom half. - which means that effectively the graphic has the same rect
but the group windows are different? This means that the gradients can be
made identical.... wip...

Erm, the graphics would have the same rect, but the 'inner' groups are each
> half of the full height of the 'outer' custom control group, thus clipping
> their content (use 'lockLocation' to prevent them from resizing to the
> bounds of the graphic they contain).

Harald, maybe something like this could work, when mixed with Jans version?
That is the overlying graphic rectangle can be clipped and scrolled to mask
a single corner of the underlying roundrect graphic. Duplicating this would
allow you to individually bevel any corner - not sure but I think for the
same reasons as above the gradients would match up when duplicated?

On 1 December 2010 17:52, Harald Müller <harald at etcpp.de> wrote:

> If you want to be flexible, you could place a circle with the desired
> radius at each corner (or a square if wanted) and then draw a polygon from
> the relevant points (from the middle top of the circle at the topleft to the
> middle top of circle at topright and so on). The resulting group of elements
> could have a different radius at each corner if wanted. This would work for
> plain colors.

Yes - bob I was thinking the same. On a similar vein I came across a large
set of svg icons, and was thinking wouldn't it be nice to import these and
have them as native LiveGode graphics - putting the two ideas together you
should be able to set the border of a group to that of a graphic object?

set the shape of control x to the shape of graphic 1?