User Extensions/Externals

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Wed Apr 28 19:29:28 EDT 2010

Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:
> But I am a magpie learner (and always looking for elegant
> solutions), so this seemed like a good time to chase up relative file
> paths. The explanations in the guide and dictionary references, like
> so many others, appear to have been written for people who knew it
> once and want a refresh. Still, I have no real deadlines, and I don't
> want an overflowing To Hard basket.

I like that; "magpie learner". :) Okay, so read up on defaultfolder,
because you'll need to set it. There's a sort of critical mass you need
to know before Rev falls into place. That's the "learning curve".

I can't remember if we mentioned it, but the scripting conference stacks
lead you through some of that curve in order.
<http://www.runrev.com/developers/lessons-and-tutorials/tutorials/online-scripting-conferences/>

> P.S. and OT, are random digests with every entry repeated, a common
> occurrence?

I dont' think so, but I don't get the digest, so maybe someone else knows.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com