Composite objects (was:How to insert text at cursor position?)

DunbarX at aol.com DunbarX at aol.com
Tue Apr 27 17:17:03 EDT 2010

Jacques.

This is an aspect of Rev that likely confuses novices. Like me.

The comboBox is really a composite object consisting of a field and other
controls. So when you have a selection in it, asking for the selectedChunk,
say, gives you a field reference you might never have known even existed.

on mouseUp
   answer the selectedChunk --when the selection is in a comboBox
end mouseUp

Don't get me started on what comprises a tabbed menu, never mind a
dataGrid. The point is that researching what tools might be available to gather the
properties or object references you think you might need are sort of buried.
One might find their thinking restricted to buttons, and miss out.

Craig Newman