Richmond goes data-mining (a.k.a. shovelling through the sh..)

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Apr 27 15:10:30 EDT 2010

Richmond Mathewson wrote:
>  On 27/04/2010 21:33, J. Landman Gay wrote:
>> J. Landman Gay wrote:
>>
>>> What I found when I was done was that the only tokens that Linux does
>>> not support fall into three basic categories: browser xcmd,
>>> quicktime-related, and things the OS itself does not support.
>>
>> I should have added speech support to that too. So, four categories.
>>

> What this does not include is the fairly significant font detection and
> printing problems that are, by now,
> well-documented.

You were asking for supported tokens in the language, so that's what the
list includes. I just noticed a couple of entries that are now fully
cross-platform, so I removed them and updated the text file a moment
ago. <http://jacque.on-rev.com/codebits/tokens.txt>

BTW, while checking with one of the engineers this morning about
cross-platform inks, I asked about the font issue. He said it doesn't
occur on his machine (nor does it on my Ubuntu installation) so he's not
sure what's going on with that. He mentioned that users should ensure
they have the right fonts installed, but I think you've already done
that. The last time I worked with someone who had the problem it turned
out to be their font manager, but I don't know enough about it to expand
on that. He updated his copy and the problem went away.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com