Richmond goes data-mining (a.k.a. shovelling through the sh..)

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Apr 27 03:07:47 EDT 2010

I've got through about 20 entries, and have a splitting headache from using
the Rev dictionary with its 4 point font.  How on earth does this manage to
be approved for use in the public sector in the UK?  Has no-one noticed yet?
So I will have to resume in a bit using either the web version or will reset
the monitor resolution.

There's a lot of winnowing out to do.  The dictionary classifications are
not consistent, see for instance the treatment of hotspot(s).  Some stuff is
indeed OS specific.  Some stuff is non-functional and only included not to
throw errors when people use Hypercard commands.  So it will be a lot
smaller list when its done.  There is also stuff included for Linux that
does not in fact work' like the printing and font stuff.  All the same, it
is going to throw up large functionality areas that are missing, and have
been for a long time, as in the speech stuff.

So its worth doing, and Richmond done good to make a start.