where is RevWeb (or a bunch of other stuff for that matter) for linux?

Peter Alcibiades palcibiades-first at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Apr 24 14:52:05 EDT 2010

We really need a statement from Rev on what exactly the business strategy for
Rev for Linux is.  It should address at least the following:-

-- Rev Browser
-- Rev Web
-- Record sound
-- Font management
-- Printing issues
-- Crashing and slowdowns in the editor
-- Unavailability of desirable core functionality plugins, absence of
alternatives
-- Unreadability of the IDE on screens over 19 inch; inability to resize

-- And perhaps some statement of intentions and goals about parity with the
other versions.

Maybe there is a sensible business strategy here, one that makes sense for
Rev itself, and also for people who are trying to use Rev on Linux as their
principal programming language.  Please tell us.  I would love to find that
this is just a communications problem and that all will be taken care of in
4.5 or 4.6.  But if not, I would also be very grateful for a straight story,
this is all you are ever going to get.  Fine, we can make our own decisions
if that's the story.

Just let us know where we stand.  Letting this thing drift on in silence is
no benefit to Rev or to us.