[ANN] MS Word Import Mac/Win: WordLib 1.3

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Fri Apr 23 23:46:32 EDT 2010

Howdy Folks,

I happy to announce WordLib 1.3, a comprehensive solution for MS Word and
OpenOffice document import. With a single command you can import a
document to a field. (And there are more options under the hood for
advanced users.) You can also store documents inside stacks.

This is the real thing--text borders, highlights, images, links,
footnotes, tables--it's all there! (Even down to the Roman numerals for
notes.) The high-quality file translation for modern document formats is
written in pure native RunRev scripting code for maximum power and
compatibility.

File types include extensive support for .docx (Word 2007), .odt
(OpenOffice), and .xml (Word 2003), along with basic support for .doc
(legacy Word).

This version adds Mac support, and Windows is also fully supported. (It
hasn't been tested on Linux.) More nifty features and file formats are
planned, of course, so I appreciate your support of the project, and the
more registered users I have, the more I will be adding to the library.

This is the import library. For those interested in Word and OpenOffice
*export*, that's WordOut, which is in Beta and will be coming out soon!

A download page link is below. Unzip the package and open the Try WordLib
stack in Rev to get started. Enjoy! And feel free to contact me with any
comments and suggestions.

(Current registered users *don't* need to register again for this update.)

--
WordLib: Import MS Word and OpenOffice documents
http://curryk.com/wordlib.html

Need custom software development or RunRev help?
http://curryk.com/consulting/