bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 04:14:49 EDT 2010
I'm a little confused as to what the complaints are with scrolling.
Are these the issues?
1. First click in the scroll bar between the thumb and end of the scroll bar is ignored.
2. Double click in the same area doesn't do something (I'm not clear what that is)
3. When System Prefs are set to "Jump to spot that's clicked" it doesn't do it.
1. It always behaves correctly for me. I'm not losing any first clicks anywhere.
2. I don't see any special behavior with double clicking this are on any Mac app.
3. Confirmed in both InfoWallet and the Rev IDE. It looks like this preference is ignored in Rev. I never noticed this before and no one has ever reported it. I think the default setting on the Mac (and certainly my setting) is "Jump to the next page" which works as expected.
Interestingly, looking closely at the "Smooth scrolling" option I don't see any difference in Rev apps but even in Apple's apps the difference is so subtle that it is almost unnoticeable. Casually looking at any app with this set I don't think many users would be able to tell any difference at all.
As far as I know, except for item 3 above, InfoWallet scrolls correctly everywhere.
Please let me know what behavior you are seeing that "didn't work".
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life information with you, accessible, and secure.
On Apr 22, 2010, at 7:04 PM, Graham & Heather Harrison wrote:
> I may not have been as clear as intended in my last mail - suffice to say scrolling in InfoWallet didn't work.
> So I decided to try ssMacWindows to see how that went, and it doesn't at all. As far as I can see I have everything in the right places.
> Then decided to scrap rev and totally reload. Uninstall refused to do anything (see separate thread), so I don't know if the latest install is completely new or not. The problem still exists.
> Thinking back to something Jacqueline said about the first click being swallowed, I have had a problem for a while (can't remember exactly when it started) with hot-keys. A number which are in the form Ctl(Mac)-X do not work on first invocation, but do once their associated function has been otherwise triggered._______________________________________________
> use-revolution mailing list
> use-revolution at lists.runrev.com
> Please visit this url to subscribe, unsubscribe and manage your subscription preferences:
More information about the Use-livecode