Mac Scrolling

Bill Vlahos bvlahos at mac.com
Fri Apr 23 04:14:49 EDT 2010

I'm a little confused as to what the complaints are with scrolling.

Are these the issues?

1. First click in the scroll bar between the thumb and end of the scroll bar is ignored.
2. Double click in the same area doesn't do something (I'm not clear what that is)
3. When System Prefs are set to "Jump to spot that's clicked" it doesn't do it.

My results:
1. It always behaves correctly for me. I'm not losing any first clicks anywhere.
2. I don't see any special behavior with double clicking this are on any Mac app.
3. Confirmed in both InfoWallet and the Rev IDE. It looks like this preference is ignored in Rev. I never noticed this before and no one has ever reported it. I think the default setting on the Mac (and certainly my setting) is "Jump to the next page" which works as expected.

Interestingly, looking closely at the "Smooth scrolling" option I don't see any difference in Rev apps but even in Apple's apps the difference is so subtle that it is almost unnoticeable. Casually looking at any app with this set I don't think many users would be able to tell any difference at all.

As far as I know, except for item 3 above, InfoWallet scrolls correctly everywhere.

Please let me know what behavior you are seeing that "didn't work".

Bill Vlahos
InfoWallet (http://www.infowallet.com) is about keeping your important life information with you, accessible, and secure.