Quick Key Equivalents

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Mon Apr 19 14:01:44 EDT 2010

Roger Guay wrote:
> Thank you, Jacqueline, but unless I'm missing something, that isn't
> quite what I'm after.
>
> I seem to recall that one is able to make menus ala standard Mac
> format, where the menu item is left-justified and keyboard shortcuts
> (with standard symbols for the commandKey etc.) are right-justified.
> I would like to know how to do this in a *popup* menu for example,
> where each menu item has shortcut key combinations. Can you tell me
> if this is possible, and if so, how? TIA for your help.

I don't think you can do that with a standard popup button, since
buttons only accept one shortcut that applies to the whole button (and
not all button styles support modifier and accelerator keys anyway.)
What you'd need to do instead, I think, is create a menu stack
containing a pulldown button for each item, and then assign an
accelerator and modifier to each button. Finally, assign the stack to
the "master" button as its menu by setting the menuname (you can do that
in the button's property inspector.)

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com