(no subject)

Haroldo Mauro Jr. hmauro at hmauro.com
Sun Apr 18 18:39:45 EDT 2010

At 0:06 +0200 19/04/10, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>Le 18 avr. 10 à 15:34, Haroldo Mauro Jr. a écrit :
>
>>At 15:06 +0200 18/04/10, Andre.Bisseret wrote:
>>>Bonjour Haroldo,
>>>Welcome to the list :-)))

>>>I just made
>>>-  a new main stack
>>>- pasted  the handler above in the stack script
>>>
>>>then it is working as expected. Il I am on card 2 or 3, pressing the up arrow key leads me to card 1
>>>
>>>I am on RunRev Enterprise. I havn't RunRev Studio. But I tried with RunRev Media, and it is running as expected as well.
>>>
>>>Well, don"t know why it is not the case for you; hav'nt you kept another handler somewhere which could interfere? (take precedence over this one)
>>>
>>>Best regards from Grenoble
>>>
>>>André
>>

>>Andre, I opened the stack with Media, but no luck. However, I created a new stack and it worked (the short one). It seems obvious that the problem is in the stack.  However, I  converted the same stack to Supercard and that same script (the long one) works in SC, as well as in Hypercard. I did a search for arrowKey in the search box and found it only  once, in the stack script.
>>
>>Haroldo
>
>Haroldo,
>
>I had tried only the short one. I just tried your long script on the same stack (I just added " if whichKey is "up" then go to card 1" as a first line, for fun ;-)) but might be useful anyway!
>
>I  assume that your are expecting one is "circling" in the same background when, being on the first card of a bg, one presses the left arrowkey (or the  right arrowkey when being on the last card of the bg). If this is the case, then no problem; your script works well in a stack created in rev.
>
>André

Thanks. The right and left arrow keys should do two things in my script. If they are pressed together with  the shift Key, they navigate to the first card of the next and previous bg, respectively. Without the shift key they should do what you just described. But I just made it work by commenting out my whole stack script except for the arrowKey handler. Now at least I know where the problem is and hope to find out. Thans again.