OT: Microsoft is really annoying

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Fri Apr 16 16:14:01 EDT 2010

Paul D. DeRocco wrote:

> Despite all this, I've _never_ had a virus or any kind of malware. My only
> system failures have been the occasional result of a RAM or hard disk
> failure. So either I'm doing something terribly right, or you all are doing
> something terribly wrong.

I haven't had a virus either -- that I know of, which is an important
distinction -- but I'm spooked by the number of people who have. The
numbers are astonishingly high. Reports like this makes me very
uncomfortable:

"Across the globe, the average number of PCs hit by malware now stands
around 59 percent, an all-time high for the year. Among 29 countries
tracked, the U.S. ranked ninth with slightly more than 58 percent of its
PCs infected. Taiwan hit first place with an infection ratio of 69
percent, while Norway came in lowest with only 39 percent of its PCs
attacked by malware."
<http://news.cnet.com/8301-1009_3-10363373-83.html>

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com